Tony Cooper

Default Silver tea service set -- metal questions

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 00:13:27 -0400, Gary Coffman
wrote:

On 3 Aug 2003 04:02:46 GMT, Ignoramus11713 wrote:
The set weight about 7 lbs 6 oz, according to my postal scale.

I have no intention of selling the set as it would look great in our
house.

I have two questions:

1. How can I check if it is really silver

Do like Archemedes, measure how much volume it
displaces, and calculate its specific gravity. Pure silver
has a specific gravity of 10.49.

2. How can I clean the dark silver safely and effectively.

Tarn-X

Never! Worst thing you can do to sterling or plated silver.