Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K

Default how high is too high for residential water pressure?

wrote:
Appliances are generally rated up to 80. I certainly wouldn't go above
this unless you have a really good reason to do so.

As others have noted 40-60 is typical.

I read somewhere that the single biggest cause of home flooding is
washing machine hose failure. Pressure is a big contributor here.

Yes, it is the maximum recommended for residential use. The physical
sensation of a shower at 60 and that at higher pressures is minimal.
If the house is regulated to 60 andd the shower is not satisfactory, I
would suspect long runs of undersized pipe and lots of els as the
culprit.

Harry K