fred

Default Iron Waste Pipe

In article , Flat Eric
writes
I have a similar problem, although I have to couple a copper pipe from
a Saniflow to the cast iron pipe and cannot get a strap around the
pipe...

So, does anyone know how you would go about coupling a 22mm (or
possibly
32mm if my route is 12m - touch and go) copper waste pipe from a
Saniflow to an old cast iron soil stack. As it stands I would have to
drill a suitable hole in the stack, then couple it some how. This is
the bit I'm unsure about.

The only complication is that I only have access to one 'side' of the
stack. There has been an extension on the house and the soil pipe now
runs down partially behind the wall of the extension:

house
_____________
house wall ______|O ---soil stack (I can get to this side of it)
-

extension |

My rudimentary diagram does not show that the 3 walls that surround
the stack are very tight against it and all cemmented up to the pipe,
so I don't think I could get any strap type fitting round the pipe.

Really appreciate any advise on this. Thanks in advance.

Yes, I did see your earlier post, but I'm afraid I didn't have much in
the way of positive comment and so left you to it.

I think the only way to make a reliable connection is to use a boss. If
that is the case, then you need to make room to fit one, even if that
means hiring an SDS blaster to make room to fit one. You can make good
the render/brickwork after the even.

Two other points, you don't really want a right angle bend in the pipe
just before joining the stack so maybe that means working from inside
the house & removing bricks until you can make a straight connection to
the stack. Also, why copper, it's not the normal way to do things so as
a result there won't be fittings to do the job. Suggest you do it in
waste pipe of the appropriate size and if you need to make a copper to
waste pipe joint, do it near the start & away from the already difficult
brickwork & boss muddle.

Hope that helps, but there may be better solutions, if I was to see the
problem & perhaps take a step back I might end up with a different slant
and a better one.

Regards,
--
fred