Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Default First Plane?

DonkeyHody wrote:

Question is, what should I buy, seeing as how I'm still a virgin
(plane-wise). I'd rather not buy something from the BORG that I'll
outgrow in a year. I don't yet have the skills to really appreciate a
fine piece of equipment, but I'm willing to fork over the dough and
grow into it. I just don't want to blunder into some specialty item
that's not versitile enough.

You don't (IMHO) grow out of planes from the Borg... you grow in to them
as you learn to compensate for their bogosity.

Get a jack plane... it's a jack-of-all-trades kinda thing.

er
--
email not valid