Posted to rec.woodworking
PCProffitt

Default First Plane?

DonkeyHody wrote:
Question is, what should I buy, seeing as how I'm still a virgin
(plane-wise). I'd rather not buy something from the BORG that I'll
outgrow in a year. I don't yet have the skills to really appreciate a
fine piece of equipment, but I'm willing to fork over the dough and
grow into it. I just don't want to blunder into some specialty item
that's not versitile enough.

I'm sure there will be lots of opinions on this, but the one plane I'd
like to have would be something equivalent to a Stanley 112 scraper
plane. Knowing how much fun most people have with finishing, being able
to get the surface smoother faster is a great advantage. So if any of
you have a Stanley 112 (or even a 212) or a LV version that you don't
want I'll be glad to send you my address and I'll even pay the shipping.
Just send it on over.