Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default First Plane?

"DonkeyHody" wrote in message

Question is, what should I buy, seeing as how I'm still a virgin
(plane-wise). I'd rather not buy something from the BORG that I'll
outgrow in a year. I don't yet have the skills to really appreciate a
fine piece of equipment, but I'm willing to fork over the dough and
grow into it. I just don't want to blunder into some specialty item
that's not versitile enough.

Really depends upon what you do in the wooddorking realm. I don't own many,
but the most useful for what I do (lots of drawer fitting/tweaking where
joints were supposed to meet, etc.) is a Veritas 'Low Angle Block Plane'.

Depending upon your age, basically the same that could be said about the
females in your life ... tis' a thing of great beauty, and a joy to hold.

You might want to check out Steve Knight's site also, and get his advice
based on your anticipated usage.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05