Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Default Warning! I'm gonna whine about what went wrong today in theshop

Wes Stewart wrote:

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:27:53 -0800, David wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"David" wrote in message

So I walk back to the shop to install the new battery in the remote
when...damn!...I touched the battery to the connector w/ reverse polarity
for a split second.

Wonderful. Out of warranty.

What is wrong with this picture?

It was out of warranty by TIME, so regardless of the problem, it's on my
dime. They have a 90 day warranty; I've had the unit over 2 years.
I've seen plenty of remotes and other products have the batteries
installed backwards for a moment (it's usually the wife that does that
sort of thing, right? ), with nary a problem.

Dave

Try this first:

http://www.remotes.com/remotes/servl...1345314 76710

If that doesn't work, maybe they can supply one.

Thanks for the link, Wes. I followed the instructions, but no joy.

Dave