Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default Hair line cracks on ceiling

asalcedo wrote:
Chris Bacon Wrote:
[ repairing P&L ceilings ]

Great, I think I understand well now.

Will the Climaflex pipe lagging do?

http://tinyurl.com/afj8p

I have some of that.

That's just the ticket.

I am very keen to tell my decorator to try it out. If he does not do, I
will try myself over the holidays.

It seals much better if you don't rake out the cracks, I had
to cut the face of the lagging that I pressed up against the
ceiling into a contour for a couple of cracks that I *did*
rake out:
^
_,--'^'--,
_- ^ -_
_.' ^ '._ - shaped foam face with ^
.' ^ '. shape sticking up proud
/___________/ \___________\ vertical cross section
| | | |

if you see what I mean, so the ^ pushed up into the crack.

You can hear the stuff going up into the crack. Re-fill often
to get an easier/more effective squeeze. If PVA dries on the
sealing face overnight, cut a sliver off with a sharp knife
& you're back in business.

I really *would* wear a hat, though, just a drop or two
drying in your hair causes problems.