Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default Help with Whirlpool tub - cleaning

Jacuzzi had a settlement over uncleanable whirlpools. It was a dumb deal.
Basically with new instructions and recommended chemicals. You might want
to check their site. I think it was a liquid automatic dishwasher
detergent. Or a commerically sold whirpool formular was also recommended.

"Bill" wrote in message
Just picked up a used house with a HUGE aquatic brand whirlpool / Jacuzzi
type tub.

Looks great, filled it up turned it on works fine, however after running
it
a few mins and
turning pump off the water is all brown. Previous owners said they never
used it.

I jumped online and found a solution of 3/4 cup bleach and a bit of non
foaming soap
run thru the tub may help.

I have run the tub well over 10 times now, and at least 5 times with the
bleach and soap
option (then after that run with clear water to remove any residue of
bleach
etc) yet still
when I run those jets for a few mins the tub water turns brown.

Is there anyway I can stop this from happening?? I keep fillin it up and
runnin it , even adding
the bleach and soap on a few cycles thinking its GOTTA get cleaner doing
this but so far nope,
just keeps coming out brown.

Wondered if anyone has experience in this and or how I might be able to
fix
it?

Thought about going and getting one of those long fishtank tube cleaner
things (looks like a big
baby bottle cleaner on flexible metal rod) and going into the lines with
that to see if i could clean
them out that way??

Just curious what you all might suggest I try next, tub looks amazing and
has LOTS of room and power
just can't seem to get that brown water stuff to stop once you turn jets
on
even after many repeated refills
of the tub including at least 5 of the bleach cycle fill and runs of it,
still coming out brown....

Thanks for any info or advice, i can't even figure out where the pumps
are,
they must be under the house
cuz the tub is all encased in tile,

Bill