Posted to rec.woodworking
NOTME

Default Warning! I'm gonna whine about what went wrong today in the shop

"David" wrote in message

Back out to the shop to mill some walnut. I keep getting 1/4 wide marks
on the wood as it exits the DeWALT planer. Shut it off, grab a
flashlight, crank the handle 7,680 turns to raise the head far enough to
look at the rollers and blades. don't see anything out of the ordinary.
Grab another piece of wood and feed it in, noting exactly where on the
13" wide table it's going so I can figure out where the marks are coming
from exactly. (That took about 4,000 turns in the opposite direction to
get the head positioned to plane the test board.) Now I can see how far
from one end, the marks are. Another 4,000 turns to raise the head back
up for another look-see. STILL don't see any marks on the rollers or
anything out of position. the blades look pristine. This is the sort
of problem that should be easily solved with a flashlight and a close
inspection, yet I don't see ANYTHING out of the ordinary. I'll post a
picture in a bit...

[Whining off]

Dave

I can't help much with the other stuff but those 4000 turns go allot faster
with a cordless drill driving them. Have a happy holiday there. Count your
blessings.