Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Clearing chips off a band saw blade...

You know, the worst part about it is, I know better...
As soon as the **** happens, I clap my forehead, and groan, Had I only
thought for a goddamm minute...
But, in the heat'o'battle, something usually gets lost.... usually
something flammable... and expensive...

But I look at it this way:
Making my life eternally miserable is how God gets some of his kicks--that,
and the occasional genocidal campaigns the world endures.
Ergo, he won't let me die--at least not too soon.
Ergo, I won't get bone cancer--which is sumpn I really worry about--dudn't
run in my family, but I worry about it anyway.

After dat Fadal charred my garage ceiling, I thought, ****, now ahma live
goddamm *forever*, w/ a goddamm fadal that I'll never ever ever be able to
fix... but, free of bone cancer.

Funny, true story--
I have a very very old built-in hidden safe, a Schwab, w/ an inner "jewelry
safe", a sep. 4" thick round door, w/ its own combination... wow!
Well, when I bought the house, it was of course locked, w/ no combination.
My heart sank...
After supplying all kinds of documentation to Schwab, one of their good ol'
boys gave me the factory combination, on the chance it was never changed.

Well it was, but the lock is kind of peculiar anyway, so while muddling w/
this combo for quite some time w/ the guy over the phone, in a literal 1 in
a million shot, I *accidentally opened the safe*!!!! Unfuknbelievable....
The Schwab guy certainly didn't believe me, figgering I was just some
goddamm moron who, finally, correctly dialed in the factory combo he gave
me, and just didn't realize it.
Not so, as I was able to grok the true combo after removing the inner dial
from the open door--really no big deal.

Well, my stratospheric joy was shortlived, as I quickly became *certain*
that I would be diagnosed w/ bone cancer within the month. I was in fact
terrified for the next 3 mos...

Now, I don't go thru those bouts so much anymore, as I have sunken more into
a low-level ongoing Existential/karmic Ennui, which occasionally spikes into
Existential/karmic Crisis.
Far better, tho, than intense worrying about bone cancer. Which, I have
ascertained, is really pretty rare. Still.....

Much more, I'm sure, than you wanted to know.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Tom Accuosti" wrote in message
t...
"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message

| Awl--
|
| A'ight, I've sorta recovered from burnin up the goddamm powerfeed on
| m'Bridgeport, 'n' ahm sure gonna be more careful powering up my
| bad-assed Kalamazoo 9x16 hydraulic saw, which is actually the more
| important machine right now.

No you're not.
C'mon, it seems like nary a month goes by without us being treated to
how you burned up or out some electrical thingie. You'll be runnign 440
from the pole through that thing in hops to slice up bar stock faster,
and then you'll be posting about how the sparks welded the motor to the
frame.

See? You're thinkign about it already. You *know* you want to...

moT