Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Alternative To Wood Floor or Carper for Second Floor?

Mike wrote:
The upstairs (appx 500 sq ft) of my townhome has a laminated wood floor that
has been refinished at least once.
There isn't enough wood left to sand/refinish. Any suggestions for a new
floor material? I don't want to use carpeting.
I live in the mid Atlantic region with cold winters - 18 degrees this
evening - so I don't think tile is a good alternative.
Somebody recommended cork, but I don't know how that would look or how
durable it would be.

First time I saw cork flooring was at Fallingwater, the house designed
by Frank Lloyd Wright. Stuff was beautiful.

Here's a link that might help: http://www.floorfacts.com/corkfloors.asp