Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.machines.cnc
Karl Townsend

Default EDM

What type of finish does one get with EDM? Any pcitures on the web? Is
this something that the average guy could have in his shop? Any bizarre
requirements?

I've had an EDM in my home shop for several years. Its great for that stuff
you can't do any other way. Inside splines, square holes, burn taps, simple
molds (pour in resin). I only use it three or four times a year and I've
never gotten proficient at it. Run it good enoough to just burn something is
simple; good enough for an injection mold with great surface finish and
little electrode wear is quite another.

Karl