Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.equipment
MoM

Default GE GAS STOVE

"TURTLE" wrote in message
oups.com...
This is Turtle.

a stove set to run on Natural gas normally as you woulf
buy it in the
stores. they have to convert it to Propane to let it run
on Propane. So
what happen was you fired it up using propane with Natural
Gas jets
which will make it put out too much fuel and not enough of
intake air
to match . Then you get soot everywhere.

Stove are set up to be run on Propane or natural gas but
you have to
set the equipent up to do it on the right fuel your using.

TURTLE

I understand this. The store was supposed to convert and
install it for propane. They didn't. We converted the
burners and tried to convert the oven but it still didn't
work. They sent out a service man who replaced the
regulator and adjusted the flame and it's still putting out
soot. Now I'm waiting again for the service man to come
again on the 20th.

MoM