Posted to rec.woodworking
W Canaday

Default Craftsman Hand Tools

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 05:37:51 +0000, CW wrote:

As an ex professional mechanic, I will say I hate snap simply for their
high polish, slippery tools. If you work with your hands all day, you
could about grab a cactus without problems.

I worked as a die-maker and had the blue callouses to prove it. (Yes,
blue. But that's another thread for another newsgroup.) Some things need
a light touch (or a smaller tool with guts), some things need a 3' breaker
bar and a 12 pound maul. Snap on makes 'finesse' hand tools and gutsy air
wrenches. I don't recall seeing a maul in their catalog. But I had one to
go with the 5# and 3# dead blow hammers in my lower drawer and the 3'
crowbar hanging from my pull-around handle.

Bill