Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default dimmer switch headscratching

Steve P wrote:

I'm trying to replace an old ceiling light fitting with a halogen set up and
want to be able to use a dimmer switch (the transformer is dimmable). The
issue is that there are three light switches controlling the light, and
no-one seems to sell 3-way dimmer switches. So, I was thinking about putting

You can replace either of the two way switches with a two way dimmer.

a dimmer switch on the mains side immediately before the transformer,
efectively in-line with the supply. Can I do this?

You could, or if you want complete control from all locations replace
one of the two way switches with a "master" dimmer, and the other
switches with slave dimmers:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...s_5/index.html

--
Cheers,