Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Steve Russell

Default Drying roughed bowls-Boiling Method

Hello Leif,

Yes indeed... It's still underway and the results should be available in
late Spring, '06. As I mentioned, I like to have a minimum of 500 bowls in
each test, with some requiring more, based on the preset objectives and
goals of the testing.

For the LDD testing, this necessitated an extensive modification of the
testing protocols to include a broader number of species, wall thicknesses,
grain orientations, specific locations etc. This significantly increases the
time required to complete the testing. I hope to be finished by early summer
next year. Best wishes to you and yours for a safe and Happy Holiday Season!
Take care.

On 12/8/05 7:52 PM, in article , "Leif
Thorvaldson" wrote:

====Steve: Didn't you also say that you were going to run a study on LDD?

Leif

--
Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

Steven D. Russell
Eurowood Werks Woodturning Studio, The Woodlands, Texas
Machinery, Tool and Product Testing for the Woodworking and Woodturning
Industries

³Woodturning with Steven D. Russell²
Volume #1 CD ROM e-Book * Available for Shipment
Volume #2 CD ROM e-Book/DVD Video * Available for Shipment
Volume #3 Double DVD Video on Bowl Turning * Available for Shipment