Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurate as cheap quartz watches?]

"old jon" wrote:

"Gary H" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote:

Those of us who were there are not deceived by revisionist
histories. In those days, it was big bad IBM versus tiny
helpless Microsoft, not the other way around. Microsoft didn't
(and couldn't) twist IBM's arm.

Ya know, all this really isn't about Bill Gates or Microsoft Per
Se. It's about the greed factor and the power factor and the
control factor. The desire for absolute power and to corrupt
absolutely . The sort of thing that rears its ugly head
virtually every single day of our lives. Like Enron, Hollinger
international and on and on.

Like Republicans here in the United States. Some people wonder why
Republicans are becoming the porkbarrel spending party. Well DUH,
it's because Republicans control how the money is spent. Democrats
have turned into deficit hawks because now taxpayer money goes to
Republican interests and constituents. The party in power spends and
the minority party complains about it.

The great American, and British public, accept that power and
control. Between us all we could bankrupt any corporation we
wanted to. All we have to do is band together and boycott them and
their goods, and down they go.

That is a lot easier said than done. Many people think Microsoft
stifling personal computer growth is okay and would drive another
company out of business while they were working very hard to switch
operating systems. Living in a country that enforces
intellectual-property law, you would need consensus plus a whole lot
of effort and money. The rest of the world just pirates the
software.