Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Gary H

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurateas cheap quartz watches?]

JAD wrote:
"Gary H" wrote in message

JAD wrote:

don't feel left out, maybe some bum will give you a card. Rich G are you
listening?
Your 'opinion spouts as envy. Why do you think its bowing , worshiping

when

someone takes the opposite side and defends someone who isn't around to
defend himself? Your opinion is based on 'innuendo and is not thought

out

very well. And bashing someone without the facts straight is ....well

its

nonsense.

Ah well it's criticism based on many writings and rulings (I
suppose) by "experts". He's ended up in court in the US
(antitrust, guilty) and in Europe (antitrust, guilty) fined 32
million by South Korea's FTC (Fair Trade Commission, guilty)

Yeah, self made man, always by the book, never stiffed anyone.

Typical US mentality. Money first then trickle down to all the
other mundane stuff kicking and screaming all the way. Gimme a
break.

Ahhhh I C now where its coming from...... and here I thought it actually
had something to do with money and Bill Gates........

If the shoe fits?????

Willey was lucky (and smart). He grabbed CP/M before the market
conditions were what they are today. had he pulled something
like that in recent times, he'd have been in a courtroom so fast
he woulda been sucked out of his socks.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Michael A. Terrell

Mxsmanic wrote:

Michael A. Terrell writes:

I never begged. I found odd jobs and paid for my own food. I may have
slept in my truck and taken showers at a relatives house, but I was
never a bum.

Beggars and bums are not synonymous. There are situations and times
in which some people may be temporarily reduced to begging without
this necessarily reflecting upon their habitual industry. It is true
that someone who chooses voluntarily to make a career of begging over
the long term may be somewhat of a bum, particularly in developed
countries where so many other options exist.

The only people I have seen begging fit Rich's description of
alcoholics wanting booze. I've seen them with "Will work for food signs"
and they got ****ed when someone stopped and gave them food instead of
money.

Around here that will get you arrested. The homeless live in the
Ocala national forest and are treated like trash. A lot of them are
veterans we are trying to help find jobs and get back on their feet but
most want nothing to do with anyone outside of their camouflaged camps.

Yours must be a very cruel society.

Gee, its easy for you to judge others. Its a warm climate and these
people hive migrated here from all over the country. Some have mental
problems, others are thieves. They make no attempt to fit in with people
outside their small groups, and most encounters are when they are
stealing something. How do you expect people to think of them? They
have been offered help, food and clothing along with a place to shower
for free. Their reaction was to start more trouble. Some have been
arrested a number of times.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote:

Michael A. Terrell writes:

[...]

OH ok judge jury and executioner mike a terrel......... live with them, THEN
talk about what you have learned. How they got there, who put them there,
and why can't the richest nation in the world take some interest in
them.........until then STFU.............

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mxsmanic

Michael A. Terrell writes:

Gee, its easy for you to judge others.

Not easy enough that I can arrest them for begging without feeling a
pang of conscience.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Michael A. Terrell

JAD wrote:

OH ok judge jury and executioner mike a terrel......... live with them, THEN
talk about what you have learned. How they got there, who put them there,
and why can't the richest nation in the world take some interest in
them.........until then STFU.............

So, enlighten us! How do you help people who refuse to be helped?
Can you do that with only one hand on the keyboard?

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Gary H

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
So, enlighten us! How do you help people who refuse to be helped?
Can you do that with only one hand on the keyboard?

That's the way it is chief. There are loads of people out there
who can fix all the world's problems from their armchairs but
when it comes down to the crunch, haven't got a practical
thought to bless themselves with.

Tons of armchair environmentalists out there as well, most of
whom have never planted a tree in their friggin' lives much less
saved one. They got the answers though. just ask 'em.
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mxsmanic

Michael A. Terrell writes:

So, enlighten us! How do you help people who refuse to be helped?
Can you do that with only one hand on the keyboard?

You're assimilating beggars with people who refuse to be helped. They
are not one and the same.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
David Maynard

Gary H wrote:

JAD wrote:

don't feel left out, maybe some bum will give you a card. Rich G are you
listening?
Your 'opinion spouts as envy. Why do you think its bowing , worshiping
when
someone takes the opposite side and defends someone who isn't around to
defend himself? Your opinion is based on 'innuendo and is not thought out
very well. And bashing someone without the facts straight is ....well its
nonsense.

Ah well it's criticism based on many writings and rulings (I suppose) by
"experts". He's ended up in court in the US (antitrust, guilty) and in
Europe (antitrust, guilty) fined 32 million by South Korea's FTC (Fair
Trade Commission, guilty)

Courts and Judges are positively clueless about the software world and to
call them 'experts' is absurd.

Yeah, self made man, always by the book, never stiffed anyone.

Typical US mentality. Money first then trickle down to all the other
mundane stuff kicking and screaming all the way. Gimme a break.

By your standards it must be 'typical non US mentality' to be class
prejudiced and irrationally vindictive then.

Willey was lucky (and smart). He grabbed CP/M

Utter B.S. He didn't 'grab CPM'. He made an O.S. that did similar
functions, just like any O.S. would have to do and just as CPM copied the
functionality of Dec RT-11, in their case right down to calling pip pip.

before the market
conditions were what they are today.

You want to know what the real 'secret' of his early success was? IBM
contacted DR for CPM but they wanted too much money up front for it while
Microsoft was willing to practically give DOS away and bet on the future
come when, they rightly predicted, IBM would dominate the market.

CPM had first shot at it and the preferred position but blew it. Who knows,
maybe they lost by thinking like you do intending to 'kick some rich
******* ass' and make IBM pay through the nose for it. Nah, they were American.

had he pulled something like that
in recent times, he'd have been in a courtroom so fast he woulda been
sucked out of his socks.

More clueless B.S.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
David Maynard

Gary H wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

Gary H wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

Well, opinions *are* allowed

Opinions are like rear ends: everybody's got one. But I didn't say
you couldn't have an 'opinion'. I said it was none of your business.

Never said it was my business,

You didn't have to as it's implicit in your 'critique', as if it's any
of your business.

just stated an opinion.

And I just stated it's none of your business.

and no, he got rich because mom and pop made sure things were
fast-tracked

Sure. Go ahead and tell me how "mom and pop" coerced mega-giant IBM
into contracting Microsoft for Basic and DOS.

It's available everywhere. Find it yourself and post if you desire.

You're the one making the claim and the accusation. It's not up to me
to do your supporting research.

and I'm not bitching

It's precisely what you're doing.

Did, didn't, did, didn't. There's a stupid argument that could go on
all day.

It's self evident.

I've got plenty to keep me warm and happy. How about you.

None of your business.

True statement that.

Damn, snotty little soul aren't you?

I find it mildly amusing when those who spit out accusations (thief,
liar, whatever) then accuse perceived 'defenders' of being 'snotty',
or some other pejorative.

I find it mildly amusing when some people hang out in these NGs simply
to show off their vocabularies and to instigate arguments??

Oh boo-hoo. You throw out baseless vindictives and then accuse a factual
response of 'instigating an argument'.

I find that most folks like the BGs of the world, you know, the
Rockefellers and such...
Their money always seems to become more respectable, the older it gets.

Oh yeah, sure. They're 'all the same'. You know, 'them'. 'Their kind'.

class bigot

As for me, just a point of view and that's about as simple as it gets.

Well, it's simple in that it's thoughtless.

If you feel you have to jump to the defense of these poor helpless
folks, then go for it. Shrug.

Utter nonsense. No one claimed BG was 'helpless' and, for all I know, he
might be able to pound you into the sand with one hand, count money on the
other, and befuddle you with an extended vocabulary all at the same time...
but then he's not here so you're safe to ape pound your chest and thump
ground at the illusory beastie.

Defend as much as you wish, go to war for them, bow and pray to them, so
what. It still boils down to opinion and all the arguing in the world
isn't going to change that.

No reason to let facts get in the way of a good solid prejudice, eh?

When it comes to folks like them, you would like to be able to kiss ass,
I'd like to be able to kick ass. See, just a different point of view.
Get over it.

What I 'like' is to treat everyone with the respect they deserve, even
'them', and most people who like to 'kick ass' eventually discover their
boot firmly planted in their own face from the irrational aim and ardent
overswing.

So, further response on this one would seem unnecessary on my part.

Have a good day, maybe Bill will send you a Christmas card. Postage
due. :-)

He'd get the same treatment anyone else who sent me a postage due Christmas
card would.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

David Maynard wrote:

Gary H wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

class bigot

name caller

If you feel you have to jump to the defense of these poor
helpless folks, then go for it. Shrug.

Utter nonsense. No one claimed [Bill Gates] was 'helpless' and,
for all I know, he might be able to pound you into the sand with
one hand, count money on the other, and

walk and eat pie at the same time

http://www.bitstorm.org/gates/

befuddle you with an extended vocabulary all at the same time...

while eating pie

No reason to let facts get in the way of a good solid prejudice,
eh?

Says someone who cannot even except the extremely well known and
decided in stone fact that Microsoft Windows is a monopoly.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Mxsmanic wrote:

Gary H writes:

It's available everywhere. Find it yourself and post if you
desire.

Those of us who were there are not deceived by revisionist
histories. In those days, it was big bad IBM versus tiny helpless
Microsoft, not the other way around. Microsoft didn't (and
couldn't) twist IBM's arm.

It wasn't all that Herculean. Apparently IBM didn't try very hard.
Microsoft did a good job of gaining a stranglehold on the personal
computer software market and never letting go, and that's where we
are today.
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

David Maynard nospam private.net wrote:

Gary H wrote:

Ah well it's criticism based on many writings and rulings (I
suppose) by "experts". He's ended up in court in the US
(antitrust, guilty) and in Europe (antitrust, guilty) fined 32
million by South Korea's FTC (Fair Trade Commission, guilty)

Courts and Judges are positively clueless about the software world
and to call them 'experts' is absurd.

And apparently David Maynard is clueless about how justice works.
Judges are good at judging and rely on expert witnesses.

I smell a libertarian who believes everything the government does is
wrong (unless it agrees with his opinion).

But in fact if it weren't for our government every day deciding in
Microsoft's favor and using our police with guns to physically
inforce Microsoft's will, Microsoft would fall apart like a playing
card house. Put that in your Microsoft defending libertarian fantasy
land.

Path: newssvr14.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm05.news.prodigy. com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prod igy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!ne wscon02.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!nx01.iad01.ne wshosting.com!newshosting.com!newsfeed.icl.net!new sfeed.fjserv.net!news.tele.dk!news.tele.dk!small.n ews.tele.dk!multikabel.net!feed20.multikabel.net!n ews2.euro.net!border2.nntp.ams.giganews.com!nntp.g iganews.com!sn-ams-06!sn-ams-05!sn-post-ams-02!sn-post-01!supernews.com!corp.supernews.com!not-for-mail
From: David Maynard nospam private.net
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt. comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:23:22 -0600
References: oWe9f.40054$Bf7.37679 tornado.texas.rr.com 360bm1li8v9spuh8uhv95dhi25qe0jad4v 4ax.com 62nbm1130fchsdrvdqho8bdgid476d4hbb 4ax.com Xns970134A7B3410follydom 207.115.17.102 9okem19cqn8cihh8l5jj75o6ao0fb5lve8 4ax.com Xns970147786A91Bfollydom 207.115.17.102 8EL9f.4374$8W.18 newssvr30.news.prodigy.com Xns9701B9F44C436follydom 207.115.17.102 8a1hm11b7cdbko4f1ds8ee8d5s1daispbl 4ax.com 0V4af.577$bU3.177499 twister.southeast.rr.com u88im195941fm8f4tbl8cjq9tnib11prvi 4ax.com ZZednQ-gsM6eoPTeRVn-pg midco.net 4398E636.DF76BAC7 earthlink.net YIKmf.5730$PX2.473113 news20.bellglobal.com 11pn5mpiojisd91 corp.supernews.com c7Nmf.10704$kt5.1054266 news20.bellglobal.com 11pobfcke5r50b6 corp.supernews.com FdWmf.360$PQ3.14228 news20.bellglobal.com 11pofogljj3u3f2 corp.supernews.com %EXmf.400$PQ3.28531 news20.bellglobal.com GkYmf.6406$Eu3.5706 fe07.lga WEYmf.92$El.19427 news20.bellglobal.com

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
David Maynard

John Doe wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

Gary H wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

class bigot

name caller

Typical snip job from the ultimate 'name caller' troll.

If you feel you have to jump to the defense of these poor
helpless folks, then go for it. Shrug.

Utter nonsense. No one claimed [Bill Gates] was 'helpless' and,
for all I know, he might be able to pound you into the sand with
one hand, count money on the other, and

walk and eat pie at the same time

http://www.bitstorm.org/gates/

befuddle you with an extended vocabulary all at the same time...

while eating pie

No reason to let facts get in the way of a good solid prejudice,
eh?

Says someone who cannot even except the extremely well known and
decided in stone fact that Microsoft Windows is a monopoly.

Since I have refused to discuss the matter with you you haven't a clue what
I may or may not think or 'accept' and you inventing lies isn't going to
change that fact either.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
David Maynard

Gary H wrote:

Ah well it's criticism based on many writings and rulings (I
suppose) by "experts". He's ended up in court in the US
(antitrust, guilty) and in Europe (antitrust, guilty) fined 32
million by South Korea's FTC (Fair Trade Commission, guilty)

Courts and Judges are positively clueless about the software world
and to call them 'experts' is absurd.

And apparently David Maynard is clueless about how justice works.
Judges are good at judging and rely on expert witnesses.

I suppose you missed the fact that there are always 'expert witnesses' on
both sides of any case with directly opposing 'opinions' and in something
as technically complex as an O.S. there is no way for someone clueless
about software to even grasp the arguments, much less 'judge' which one is
the better, assuming there is such a thing as 'better' when it comes to
'opinions' on what an O.S. should, or should not, have as it's components
and how it 'should' be structured.

I smell a libertarian who believes everything the government does is
wrong (unless it agrees with his opinion).

Wrong, as usual.

But in fact if it weren't for our government every day deciding in
Microsoft's favor and using our police with guns to physically
inforce Microsoft's will, Microsoft would fall apart like a playing
card house. Put that in your Microsoft defending libertarian fantasy
land.

Nice piece of schizoid logic you got there with the government
simultaneously condemning Microsoft for being, as you call it, a
'monopoly', yet 'protecting' them.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Mxsmanic mxsmanic gmail.com wrote:

Gary H writes:

I find it mildly amusing when some people hang out in these NGs
simply to show off their vocabularies and to instigate
arguments??

Are you asking or asserting?

Some people have naturally rich vocabularies. The fact that they
use them doesn't mean that they are showing off, although it might
seem that way to people with more limited vocabularies.

It could mean that they are showing off, or maybe they don't
understand that writing is to communicate with other people.

From: Mxsmanic mxsmanic gmail.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt. comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:21:58 +0100
References: 0V4af.577$bU3.177499 twister.southeast.rr.com u88im195941fm8f4tbl8cjq9tnib11prvi 4ax.com ZZednQ-gsM6eoPTeRVn-pg midco.net 4398E636.DF76BAC7 earthlink.net YIKmf.5730$PX2.473113 news20.bellglobal.com 11pn5mpiojisd91 corp.supernews.com c7Nmf.10704$kt5.1054266 news20.bellglobal.com 11pobfcke5r50b6 corp.supernews.com FdWmf.360$PQ3.14228 news20.bellglobal.com 11pofogljj3u3f2 corp.supernews.com %EXmf.400$PQ3.28531 news20.bellglobal.com

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Mxsmanic mxsmanic gmail.com wrote:

John Doe writes:

Without question, someone giving away 6% of personal wealth that
they could not spend in 10 lifetimes is meaningless.

How much money does he have to give away before it meets your
personal definition of meaningful?

More.

Spending 6% of your time helping other people is
meaningful. Whether giving 6% of your income is charitable just
depends.

On whether you are hated as much as Bill Gates or not, apparently.

Do you really have a difficult time understanding that?

From: Mxsmanic mxsmanic gmail.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt. comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 05:19:04 +0100
References: Xns970147786A91Bfollydom 207.115.17.102 8EL9f.4374$8W.18 newssvr30.news.prodigy.com Xns9701B9F44C436follydom 207.115.17.102 8a1hm11b7cdbko4f1ds8ee8d5s1daispbl 4ax.com 0V4af.577$bU3.177499 twister.southeast.rr.com u88im195941fm8f4tbl8cjq9tnib11prvi 4ax.com ZZednQ-gsM6eoPTeRVn-pg midco.net 4398E636.DF76BAC7 earthlink.net ajuhp1t8tteh81n9jke52ldstpd9bpojgs 4ax.com dtmjp1p7vuo5l07pj7bb9bcbprftqua2m5 4ax.com Xns9727913D6E38Dfollydom 207.115.17.102

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Gary H wrote:

[...]

I'm not surprised you have so much trouble with judgment,
considering how you struggle with using ordinary words in ordinary
contexts. That paragraph is a good illustration. You even question
the meaning of words in your own usage.

Judges don't have that problem.

An operating system should not have applications as it's components
if you want to promote competition among software developers. And if
you pretend to not know the difference between an operating system
and an application, you are just a liar. There is a gray area but
it's not that difficult to generally separate an operating system
from applications.

I smell a libertarian who believes everything the government does
is wrong (unless it agrees with his opinion).

Wrong, as usual.

Silly, as usual.

But in fact if it weren't for our government every day deciding
in Microsoft's favor and using our police with guns to physically
inforce Microsoft's will, Microsoft would fall apart like a
playing card house. Put that in your Microsoft defending
libertarian fantasy land.

Nice piece of schizoid logic you got there

You are a Microsoft defender troll wearing very big blinders.

with the government
simultaneously condemning Microsoft for being, as you call it, a
'monopoly', yet 'protecting' them.

Our justice system is getting hundreds of millions of dollars a year
from Microsoft.

From: David Maynard nospam private.net
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt. comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 01:31:26 -0600
References: oWe9f.40054$Bf7.37679 tornado.texas.rr.com 62nbm1130fchsdrvdqho8bdgid476d4hbb 4ax.com Xns970134A7B3410follydom 207.115.17.102 9okem19cqn8cihh8l5jj75o6ao0fb5lve8 4ax.com Xns970147786A91Bfollydom 207.115.17.102 8EL9f.4374$8W.18 newssvr30.news.prodigy.com Xns9701B9F44C436follydom 207.115.17.102 8a1hm11b7cdbko4f1ds8ee8d5s1daispbl 4ax.com 0V4af.577$bU3.177499 twister.southeast.rr.com u88im195941fm8f4tbl8cjq9tnib11prvi 4ax.com ZZednQ-gsM6eoPTeRVn-pg midco.net 4398E636.DF76BAC7 earthlink.net YIKmf.5730$PX2.473113 news20.bellglobal.com 11pn5mpiojisd91 corp.supernews.com c7Nmf.10704$kt5.1054266 news20.bellglobal.com 11pobfcke5r50b6 corp.supernews.com FdWmf.360$PQ3.14228 news20.bellglobal.com 11pofogljj3u3f2 corp.supernews.com %EXmf.400$PQ3.28531 news20.bellglobal.com GkYmf.6406$Eu3.5706 fe07.lga WEYmf.92$El.19427 news20.bellglobal.com 11ppupr51udv23e corp.supernews.com Xns972A100D147Afollydom 207.115.17.102

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Gary H wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

class bigot

name caller

Typical snip job from the ultimate 'name caller' troll.

That's all the context a reader needs to understand my reply.

You sometimes follow 200 lines of quoted text with a single line
reply. Combine that with how trivial most of your replies are, it's
like you are trying to waste bandwidth.

If you feel you have to jump to the defense of these poor
helpless folks, then go for it. Shrug.

Utter nonsense. No one claimed [Bill Gates] was 'helpless' and,
for all I know, he might be able to pound you into the sand with
one hand, count money on the other, and

walk and eat pie at the same time

http://www.bitstorm.org/gates/

befuddle you with an extended vocabulary all at the same time...

while eating pie

No reason to let facts get in the way of a good solid prejudice,
eh?

Says someone who cannot even except the extremely well known and
decided in stone fact that Microsoft Windows is a monopoly.

Since I have refused to discuss the matter with you you haven't a
clue what I may or may not think or 'accept' and you inventing
lies isn't going to change that fact either.

It's easy enough to figure out.

Path: newssvr21.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy. com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.pro digy.com!prodigy.com!newscon02.news.prodigy.com!pr odigy.net!nx01.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.c om!newsfeed.icl.net!newsfeed.fjserv.net!news.tele. dk!news.tele.dk!small.news.tele.dk!multikabel.net! feed20.multikabel.net!news2.euro.net!border2.nntp. ams.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!sn-ams-06!sn-ams-03!sn-ams-04!sn-post-ams-01!sn-post-01!supernews.com!corp.supernews.com!not-for-mail
From: David Maynard nospam private.net
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt. comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 01:22:22 -0600
References: oWe9f.40054$Bf7.37679 tornado.texas.rr.com 360bm1li8v9spuh8uhv95dhi25qe0jad4v 4ax.com 62nbm1130fchsdrvdqho8bdgid476d4hbb 4ax.com Xns970134A7B3410follydom 207.115.17.102 9okem19cqn8cihh8l5jj75o6ao0fb5lve8 4ax.com Xns970147786A91Bfollydom 207.115.17.102 8EL9f.4374$8W.18 newssvr30.news.prodigy.com Xns9701B9F44C436follydom 207.115.17.102 8a1hm11b7cdbko4f1ds8ee8d5s1daispbl 4ax.com 0V4af.577$bU3.177499 twister.southeast.rr.com u88im195941fm8f4tbl8cjq9tnib11prvi 4ax.com ZZednQ-gsM6eoPTeRVn-pg midco.net 4398E636.DF76BAC7 earthlink.net YIKmf.5730$PX2.473113 news20.bellglobal.com 11pn5mpiojisd91 corp.supernews.com c7Nmf.10704$kt5.1054266 news20.bellglobal.com 11pobfcke5r50b6 corp.supernews.com FdWmf.360$PQ3.14228 news20.bellglobal.com 11pofogljj3u3f2 corp.supernews.com %EXmf.400$PQ3.28531 news20.bellglobal.com 11pq0oupvba0i3d corp.supernews.com Xns9729F25403177follydom 207.115.17.102

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
David Maynard

Gary H wrote:

[...]

I'm not surprised you continue to invent nonsense as it seems to be your
specialty.

Judges don't have that problem.

No, what they have a problem with is being clueless about software.

An operating system should not have applications as it's components
if you want to promote competition among software developers.

What I want to 'promote' is a good product, not some anti-business crusade.

And if
you pretend to not know the difference between an operating system
and an application, you are just a liar. There is a gray area but
it's not that difficult to generally separate an operating system
from applications.

Which demonstrates you're almost as clueless as the judges are.

I smell a libertarian who believes everything the government does
is wrong (unless it agrees with his opinion).

Wrong, as usual.

Silly, as usual.

Yes, you were, but I decided to keep it simple with just plain wrong.

But in fact if it weren't for our government every day deciding
in Microsoft's favor and using our police with guns to physically
inforce Microsoft's will, Microsoft would fall apart like a
playing card house. Put that in your Microsoft defending
libertarian fantasy land.

Nice piece of schizoid logic you got there

You are a Microsoft defender troll wearing very big blinders.

No, I'm a defender of facts and rational thought.

with the government
simultaneously condemning Microsoft for being, as you call it, a
'monopoly', yet 'protecting' them.

Our justice system is getting hundreds of millions of dollars a year
from Microsoft.

Then it's nice to see they're making a profit for a change.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Mxsmanic wrote:

John Doe writes:

Without question, someone giving away 6% of personal wealth that
they could not spend in 10 lifetimes is meaningless.

How much money does he have to give away before it meets your
personal definition of meaningful?

It might be meaningful to Bill Gates, but (hopefully) not because he
feels a loss. I'm really not sure what the amount would be for it to
cause Bill Gates to worry that he is going to run out of money. It's
just not meaningful like giving of your time is meaningful.

Bill Gates is an inspiration. Whenever I feel like I don't have
enough, I simply remember that Bill Gates needs mo' money too.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Gary H wrote:

[...]

You would have to be silly (as usual) to imagine that judges have to
know everything about every subject they judge. But in fact some of
them are very insightful about the software business.

An operating system should not have applications as it's
components if you want to promote competition among software
developers.

What I want to 'promote' is a good product,

The way we do that in a civilized market based economy is to foster
competition.

not some anti-business crusade.

You sound like a Libertarian zealot.

And if
you pretend to not know the difference between an operating
system and an application, you are just a liar. There is a gray
area but it's not that difficult to generally separate an
operating system from applications.

Which demonstrates you're almost as clueless as the judges are.

Maybe more so (in your head). Having been a big fan of the big
antitrust trial, for years I paid close attention and was impressed
by the judges' ability to understand and weigh the facts. They don't
have to know how to write programs, their main concern is the
software publishing business.

I smell a libertarian who believes everything the government
does is wrong (unless it agrees with his opinion).

Wrong, as usual.

Silly, as usual.

Yes, you were, but I decided to keep it simple with just plain
wrong.

So you're not willing to admit that you are a Libertarian who thinks
that everything government does is wrong (unless it agrees with your
opinion).

But in fact if it weren't for our government every day deciding
in Microsoft's favor and using our police with guns to
physically inforce Microsoft's will, Microsoft would fall apart
like a playing card house. Put that in your Microsoft defending
libertarian fantasy land.

Nice piece of schizoid logic you got there

You are a Microsoft defender troll wearing very big blinders.

No, I'm a defender of facts and rational thought.

When are you going to defend the fact that Microsoft Windows is a
monopoly?

Path: newssvr21.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy. com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.pro digy.com!prodigy.com!newscon06.news.prodigy.com!pr odigy.net!newsfeed.cw.net!cw.net!news-FFM2.ecrc.de!news.rh-tec.net!newsfeed.kamp.net!213.239.142.2.MISMATCH!f eeder.xsnews.nl!138.199.65.86.MISMATCH!sn-ams-06!sn-ams-04!sn-ams-05!sn-post-ams-02!sn-post-01!supernews.com!corp.supernews.com!not-for-mail
From: David Maynard nospam private.net
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt. comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 02:21:08 -0600
References: oWe9f.40054$Bf7.37679 tornado.texas.rr.com 9okem19cqn8cihh8l5jj75o6ao0fb5lve8 4ax.com Xns970147786A91Bfollydom 207.115.17.102 8EL9f.4374$8W.18 newssvr30.news.prodigy.com Xns9701B9F44C436follydom 207.115.17.102 8a1hm11b7cdbko4f1ds8ee8d5s1daispbl 4ax.com 0V4af.577$bU3.177499 twister.southeast.rr.com u88im195941fm8f4tbl8cjq9tnib11prvi 4ax.com ZZednQ-gsM6eoPTeRVn-pg midco.net 4398E636.DF76BAC7 earthlink.net YIKmf.5730$PX2.473113 news20.bellglobal.com 11pn5mpiojisd91 corp.supernews.com c7Nmf.10704$kt5.1054266 news20.bellglobal.com 11pobfcke5r50b6 corp.supernews.com FdWmf.360$PQ3.14228 news20.bellglobal.com 11pofogljj3u3f2 corp.supernews.com %EXmf.400$PQ3.28531 news20.bellglobal.com GkYmf.6406$Eu3.5706 fe07.lga WEYmf.92$El.19427 news20.bellglobal.com 11ppupr51udv23e corp.supernews.com Xns972A100D147Afollydom 207.115.17.102 11pq9qep0bghd9e corp.supernews.com Xns972A1585DB375follydom 207.115.17.102

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
David Maynard

Gary H wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

class bigot

name caller

Typical snip job from the ultimate 'name caller' troll.

That's all the context a reader needs to understand my reply.

People who regularly read your posts don't need a quote at all to figure
out your intent because it's always some out of context false innuendo or
pure invention for the same purpose, but it's worth noting for the initiates.

You sometimes follow 200 lines of quoted text with a single line
reply. Combine that with how trivial most of your replies are, it's
like you are trying to waste bandwidth.

And you can't even manage two sentences in a row without doing it.

If you feel you have to jump to the defense of these poor
helpless folks, then go for it. Shrug.

Utter nonsense. No one claimed [Bill Gates] was 'helpless' and,
for all I know, he might be able to pound you into the sand with
one hand, count money on the other, and

walk and eat pie at the same time

http://www.bitstorm.org/gates/

befuddle you with an extended vocabulary all at the same time...

while eating pie

No reason to let facts get in the way of a good solid prejudice,
eh?

Says someone who cannot even except the extremely well known and
decided in stone fact that Microsoft Windows is a monopoly.

Since I have refused to discuss the matter with you you haven't a
clue what I may or may not think or 'accept' and you inventing
lies isn't going to change that fact either.

It's easy enough to figure out.

Not very clever to argue how easy it is when you haven't gotten a thing
right yet.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Gary H wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

class bigot

name caller

Typical snip job from the ultimate 'name caller' troll.

That's all the context a reader needs to understand my reply.

People who regularly read your posts don't need a quote at all to
figure out your intent because it's always some out of context
false innuendo or pure invention for the same purpose, but it's
worth noting for the initiates.

That's just weird.

[...]

So you are a Microsoft defender who believes Microsoft Windows is a
monopoly. You believe Microsoft has the power but you believe the
government should allow Microsoft to use that power anyway it wants
to. Are you a Libertarian?

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
David Maynard

Gary H wrote:

[...]

I didn't say a thing about needing to "know everything." Or can't you grasp
the vast gulf between clueless and omniscience?

But in fact some of
them are very insightful about the software business.

LOL

Well, if there are they're doing bang up job of hiding it.

An operating system should not have applications as it's
components if you want to promote competition among software
developers.

What I want to 'promote' is a good product,

The way we do that in a civilized market based economy is to foster
competition.

Courts and Judges dictating product content isn't a free market.

not some anti-business crusade.

You sound like a Libertarian zealot.

Only to anti-business fanatics.

And if
you pretend to not know the difference between an operating
system and an application, you are just a liar. There is a gray
area but it's not that difficult to generally separate an
operating system from applications.

Which demonstrates you're almost as clueless as the judges are.

Maybe more so (in your head). Having been a big fan of the big
antitrust trial, for years I paid close attention and was impressed
by the judges' ability to understand and weigh the facts.

I'm sure you were, when things came out the way you wanted. And you then
hated it when things didn't. That's not a 'guess' on my part, it's taken
straight from your assessment.

They don't
have to know how to write programs, their main concern is the
software publishing business.

Since a significant part of the decision process was evaluating what
should, or should not, be a part of the O.S., among other things, your
claim is pure nonsense.

I smell a libertarian who believes everything the government
does is wrong (unless it agrees with his opinion).

Wrong, as usual.

Silly, as usual.

Yes, you were, but I decided to keep it simple with just plain
wrong.

So you're not willing to admit that you are a Libertarian who thinks
that everything government does is wrong (unless it agrees with your
opinion).

I'm never going to respond to any of your contrived nonsense.

But in fact if it weren't for our government every day deciding
in Microsoft's favor and using our police with guns to
physically inforce Microsoft's will, Microsoft would fall apart
like a playing card house. Put that in your Microsoft defending
libertarian fantasy land.

Nice piece of schizoid logic you got there

You are a Microsoft defender troll wearing very big blinders.

No, I'm a defender of facts and rational thought.

When are you going to defend the fact that Microsoft Windows is a
monopoly?

I've already explained why I am not going to discuss it with you.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
David Maynard

John Doe wrote:

Gary H wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

class bigot

name caller

Typical snip job from the ultimate 'name caller' troll.

That's all the context a reader needs to understand my reply.

People who regularly read your posts don't need a quote at all to
figure out your intent because it's always some out of context
false innuendo or pure invention for the same purpose, but it's
worth noting for the initiates.

That's just weird.

Well, it's at least eerie that you manage to do it so effortlessly.

You sometimes follow 200 lines of quoted text with a single line
reply. Combine that with how trivial most of your replies are,
it's like you are trying to waste bandwidth.

Like this snip job of yours leaving in your nonsensical accusations but
stripping my reply.

And you wonder why I won't discuss a complex legal issue with someone who
has debate ethics akin to a pathological ax murderer.

[...]

Your perfect record of being wrong remains intact.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Gary H wrote:

[...]

As easily as you can grasp the the difference between "clueless" and
"knowing something".

But in fact some of
them are very insightful about the software business.

LOL

Well, if there are they're doing bang up job of hiding it.

Not if you pay close attention.

An operating system should not have applications as it's
components if you want to promote competition among software
developers.

What I want to 'promote' is a good product,

The way we do that in a civilized market based economy is to
foster competition.

Courts and Judges dictating product content isn't a free market.

It happens all the time in a free market.

not some anti-business crusade.

You sound like a Libertarian zealot.

Only to anti-business fanatics.

To someone who believes in a rule-based society.

Clearly you believe that businesses should not have to play by rules
or the rules should not be enforced by the government because the
government can't do anything right.

Sounds like a Libertarian zealot to me.

And if
you pretend to not know the difference between an operating
system and an application, you are just a liar. There is a gray
area but it's not that difficult to generally separate an
operating system from applications.

Which demonstrates you're almost as clueless as the judges are.

Maybe more so (in your head). Having been a big fan of the big
antitrust trial, for years I paid close attention and was
impressed by the judges' ability to understand and weigh the
facts.

I'm sure you were, when things came out the way you wanted. And
you then hated it when things didn't. That's not a 'guess' on my
part, it's taken straight from your assessment.

It's a wild guess. I think the final outcome to date was wrong. The
idea that I hated it exists only in your imagination. The appellate
court judges had plenty of insight and not all of the district
court's judgment was correct (in my opinion).

They don't
have to know how to write programs, their main concern is the
software publishing business.

Since a significant part of the decision process was evaluating
what should, or should not, be a part of the O.S., among other
things, your claim is pure nonsense.

Speaking of nonsense. That was part of the proposed remedy, not part
of the trial, and that was done by the prosecution.

I smell a libertarian who believes everything the government
does is wrong (unless it agrees with his opinion).

Wrong, as usual.

Silly, as usual.

Yes, you were, but I decided to keep it simple with just plain
wrong.

So you're not willing to admit that you are a Libertarian who
thinks that everything government does is wrong (unless it agrees
with your opinion).

I'm never going to respond to any of your contrived nonsense.

You certainly contrive a lot of nonsense while defending Microsoft.

But in fact if it weren't for our government every day
deciding in Microsoft's favor and using our police with guns
to physically inforce Microsoft's will, Microsoft would fall
apart like a playing card house. Put that in your Microsoft
defending libertarian fantasy land.

Nice piece of schizoid logic you got there

You are a Microsoft defender troll wearing very big blinders.

No, I'm a defender of facts and rational thought.

When are you going to defend the fact that Microsoft Windows is a
monopoly?

I've already explained why I am not going to discuss it with you.

Some silly notion about software being too complicated for anyone to
tell the difference between an operating system and applications.

Path: newssvr25.news.prodigy.net!newsdbm05.news.prodigy. com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prod igy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!ne wscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!newsfeed.cw.n et!cw.net!news-FFM2.ecrc.de!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!tiscali!newsfeed1.ip.tiscali.net!border2 .nntp.ams.giganews.com!border1.nntp.ams.giganews.c om!nntp.giganews.com!sn-ams-06!sn-ams-04!sn-post-ams-01!sn-post-02!sn-post-01!supernews.com!corp.supernews.com!not-for-mail
From: David Maynard nospam private.net
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt. comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 03:26:55 -0600
References: oWe9f.40054$Bf7.37679 tornado.texas.rr.com Xns970147786A91Bfollydom 207.115.17.102 8EL9f.4374$8W.18 newssvr30.news.prodigy.com Xns9701B9F44C436follydom 207.115.17.102 8a1hm11b7cdbko4f1ds8ee8d5s1daispbl 4ax.com 0V4af.577$bU3.177499 twister.southeast.rr.com u88im195941fm8f4tbl8cjq9tnib11prvi 4ax.com ZZednQ-gsM6eoPTeRVn-pg midco.net 4398E636.DF76BAC7 earthlink.net YIKmf.5730$PX2.473113 news20.bellglobal.com 11pn5mpiojisd91 corp.supernews.com c7Nmf.10704$kt5.1054266 news20.bellglobal.com 11pobfcke5r50b6 corp.supernews.com FdWmf.360$PQ3.14228 news20.bellglobal.com 11pofogljj3u3f2 corp.supernews.com %EXmf.400$PQ3.28531 news20.bellglobal.com GkYmf.6406$Eu3.5706 fe07.lga WEYmf.92$El.19427 news20.bellglobal.com 11ppupr51udv23e corp.supernews.com Xns972A100D147Afollydom 207.115.17.102 11pq9qep0bghd9e corp.supernews.com Xns972A1585DB375follydom 207.115.17.102 11pqcnks0qf2ff4 corp.supernews.com Xns972A1C53CFEABfollydom 207.115.17.102

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jasen Betts

["Followup-To:" header set to sci.electronics.basics.]
On 2005-12-12, David Maynard wrote:
Gary H wrote:

JAD wrote:

[...]

much of version 1 of dos was purchased from someone else, not developed at
microsoft. while not binary compatible with 8080-based CP/M it did have a
similar functional structure. and was probably atleast partially compatible
with CP/M-86 an 8086 version of CP/M that never really took off.

Bye.
Jasen
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Gary H

Mxsmanic wrote:

Those of us who were there are not deceived by revisionist histories.
In those days, it was big bad IBM versus tiny helpless Microsoft, not
the other way around. Microsoft didn't (and couldn't) twist IBM's
arm.

Ya know, all this really isn't about Bill Gates or Microsoft Per
Se. It's about the greed factor and the power factor and the
control factor. The desire for absolute power and to corrupt
absolutely . The sort of thing that rears its ugly head
virtually every single day of our lives. Like Enron, Hollinger
international and on and on.

With Microsoft, like many others it *is* about greed and power.

With the oil industry, it *is* about greed and power.
For example, I live in the north-eastern part of this north
American continent. In the summertime, the price of gas goes
sky-high because of the demand and heating oil drops and in the
wintertime the price of heating fuel goes sky-high because of
demand and gas drops. The immediate response or belief drilled
into the general public is that there is a shortage of oil.
There is NOT.
There is plenty of oil. I know, because where I live, we are net
exporters of oil. The problem is that with the increased
demand, nobody is building extra refining capacity. Especially
those who *control* the industry. You know, the Exxons, Shell,
and so on. It's gotten to the point where these *******s are
driving the crap out of a barrel of oil because (get this)
they're expecting a friggin' snow storm in the north-east of the
continent.

Greed, power and control.

Same with Microsoft. Control (virtually all PCs run Windows of
one flavor or other)
Greed (absolutely no sane
reason to charge the prices they do for the garbage they sell)
Power (as someone said earlier, they can get away with
*just* about anything within the
legal system).

That's what my bitching is about. Its not thinly veiled envy,
jealousy or any other petty begrudging. It's being just
totally ****ed with a system where some people will starve to
death or freeze this winter and others will take comfort in the
fact that they have "looted everyone else so effectively" that
it is impossible to spend the wealth in several lifetimes.

Do I have the answers like some of you *think* you do?? No.
However, that doesn't mean I can't vent about it if I desire.

Contrary to your belief, It is my business if I say or think it
is. Don't you realize that, as a citizen, you have no say in
*anything* anymore? Not even at election time. (Look at Florida)

When you wear out the blinders you're currently wearing, gimme a
call. I got another pair I can sell you.
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
old jon

"Gary H" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote:

Those of us who were there are not deceived by revisionist histories.
In those days, it was big bad IBM versus tiny helpless Microsoft, not
the other way around. Microsoft didn't (and couldn't) twist IBM's
arm.

Ya know, all this really isn't about Bill Gates or Microsoft Per Se. It's
about the greed factor and the power factor and the control factor. The
desire for absolute power and to corrupt absolutely . The sort of thing
that rears its ugly head virtually every single day of our lives. Like
Enron, Hollinger international and on and on.

The great American, and British public, accept that power and control.
Between us all we could bankrupt any corporation we wanted to.
All we have to do is band together and boycott them and their goods,
and down they go.
How could that be done ?.
bw..OJ

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

JAD wrote:

OH ok judge jury and executioner mike a terrel......... live with them,

THEN
talk about what you have learned. How they got there, who put them

there,
and why can't the richest nation in the world take some interest in
them.........until then STFU.............

So, enlighten us! How do you help people who refuse to be helped?
Can you do that with only one hand on the keyboard?

I said STFU, do as your told!

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

I find it amazing two people with not a single post referencing hardware,
however when they are given an off topic subject they know nothing about,
you can't shut them up.

Some people bitch, and do nothing. If anything, your the two with all the
answers. re-read your posts...then STFU once again. Maybe you and the expert
on one handed typing could get together and have a circle jerk.

"Gary H" wrote in message
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
So, enlighten us! How do you help people who refuse to be helped?
Can you do that with only one hand on the keyboard?

That's the way it is chief. There are loads of people out there
who can fix all the world's problems from their armchairs but
when it comes down to the crunch, haven't got a practical
thought to bless themselves with.

Tons of armchair environmentalists out there as well, most of
whom have never planted a tree in their friggin' lives much less
saved one. They got the answers though. just ask 'em.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

"Gary H" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote:

[...]

POOF! your Bill Gates....whats the first thing your going to do?
You haven't a clue do you? please don't start with the first thing is to
give your money away and give away windows..... Your kidding yourself. Oh
whats that?, dont make assumptions about what your motives would be.........
shoe sux when its on the other foot?

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

"old jon" wrote:

"Gary H" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote:

Those of us who were there are not deceived by revisionist
histories. In those days, it was big bad IBM versus tiny
helpless Microsoft, not the other way around. Microsoft didn't
(and couldn't) twist IBM's arm.

Ya know, all this really isn't about Bill Gates or Microsoft Per
Se. It's about the greed factor and the power factor and the
control factor. The desire for absolute power and to corrupt
absolutely . The sort of thing that rears its ugly head
virtually every single day of our lives. Like Enron, Hollinger
international and on and on.

Like Republicans here in the United States. Some people wonder why
Republicans are becoming the porkbarrel spending party. Well DUH,
it's because Republicans control how the money is spent. Democrats
have turned into deficit hawks because now taxpayer money goes to
Republican interests and constituents. The party in power spends and
the minority party complains about it.

The great American, and British public, accept that power and
control. Between us all we could bankrupt any corporation we
wanted to. All we have to do is band together and boycott them and
their goods, and down they go.

That is a lot easier said than done. Many people think Microsoft
stifling personal computer growth is okay and would drive another
company out of business while they were working very hard to switch
operating systems. Living in a country that enforces
intellectual-property law, you would need consensus plus a whole lot
of effort and money. The rest of the world just pirates the
software.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Gary H

JAD wrote:
I find it amazing two people with not a single post referencing hardware,
however when they are given an off topic subject they know nothing about,
you can't shut them up.

Some people bitch, and do nothing. If anything, your the two with all the
answers. re-read your posts...then STFU once again. Maybe you and the expert
on one handed typing could get together and have a circle jerk.

So, why are you commenting?? Aaaah, just another trolling
A**hole looking for an argument.
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

David Maynard wrote:

John Doe wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

I'm hounding you? For an opinion? On USENET?

That's probably the closest thing to an accurate summary I've
ever seen come out of you and this may come as a real shock but I
am under no 'obligation' whatsoever to provide you with an
opinion on ANYthing.

You are too full of yourself to get my drift.

I got your drift just fine. Now lets see if you got mine.

I did, it's enough to knock a buzzard off a **** wagon at 50 yards.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

top posting troll

From: "JAD" kapasitor earthcharter.net
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt. comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
References: 0V4af.577$bU3.177499 twister.southeast.rr.com u88im195941fm8f4tbl8cjq9tnib11prvi 4ax.com ZZednQ-gsM6eoPTeRVn-pg midco.net 4398E636.DF76BAC7 earthlink.net ajuhp1t8tteh81n9jke52ldstpd9bpojgs 4ax.com dtmjp1p7vuo5l07pj7bb9bcbprftqua2m5 4ax.com d4lmf.11503$tQ7.8070 fe04.lga 439A09AE.C187A86 earthlink.net mmlkp1po49fb15vc309ov7n5f03t4tni2b 4ax.com 439A6E3A.F857771A earthlink.net pan.2005.12.11.00.32.21.914028 doubleclick.net 439BA98E.E354C897 earthlink.net 04vnp15gka4d7ffi3gp9ehofgfr9jpj31i 4ax.com 439C67B4.FF564383 earthlink.net mUZmf.4530$ES.4450 fe05.lga 439C9417.12D570A8 earthlink.net yB0nf.553$PQ3.98759 news20.bellglobal.com
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:13:40 -0800

I find it amazing two people with not a single post referencing hardware,
however when they are given an off topic subject they know nothing about,
you can't shut them up.

Some people bitch, and do nothing. If anything, your the two with all the
answers. re-read your posts...then STFU once again. Maybe you and the expert
on one handed typing could get together and have a circle jerk.

"Gary H" g.h sympatico.ca wrote in message
news:yB0nf.553$PQ3.98759 news20.bellglobal.com...
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
So, enlighten us! How do you help people who refuse to be helped?
Can you do that with only one hand on the keyboard?

That's the way it is chief. There are loads of people out there
who can fix all the world's problems from their armchairs but
when it comes down to the crunch, haven't got a practical
thought to bless themselves with.

Tons of armchair environmentalists out there as well, most of
whom have never planted a tree in their friggin' lives much less
saved one. They got the answers though. just ask 'em.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mxsmanic

John Doe writes:

It could mean that they are showing off, or maybe they don't
understand that writing is to communicate with other people.

The better the vocabulary, the more precise and efficient the
communication.

It's impossible to know another person's vocabulary level unless he
indicates his level in some way. People with large vocabularies have
a natural tendency to use those vocabularies to the fullest and do not
necessarily realize it when and if they exceed the recognition
vocabularies of their interlocutors.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mxsmanic

John Doe writes:

It wasn't all that Herculean. Apparently IBM didn't try very hard.
Microsoft did a good job of gaining a stranglehold on the personal
computer software market and never letting go, and that's where we
are today.

A stranglehold? Perhaps you meant a struggle, which far better
characterizes Microsoft's activities back in those days.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mxsmanic

John Doe writes:

That is a lot easier said than done. Many people think Microsoft
stifling personal computer growth is okay and would drive another
company out of business while they were working very hard to switch
operating systems.

In the world of computer software, the advantages of standardization
are so enormous that they sometimes take priority over almost
everything else, particularly from the standpoint of ordinary computer
users (as opposed to specialists).

Thus, although Microsoft Windows is by far the dominant desktop
operating system, the advantages of it being so outweigh the
disadvantages in many respects for the average end user, which is why
it tends to remain the dominant operating system.

computer clocks Lurch UK diy 199 December 21st 04 10:43 PM
Are PC surge protectors needed in the UK? greywolf42 Electronics Repair 82 July 13th 04 11:37 AM