Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Laurie Forbes

Default Building a Metal Woodburning Fire Place

"Peter Grey" wrote in message
k.net...

"Laurie Forbes" wrote in message news:HxJmf.249702

Also, would it be practical to cut 3/16 plate with an abrasive blade in a
circular saw??

I would think that would be a slow and painful way to do it. Try one of
these: http://www.metaldevil.com/ I don't know off the top of my head
what the maximum thickness is for these blades, but the one I have works a
treat on thinner stuff.

Peter

Thanks for the info - I have requested their literature. I recall this or a
similar product being discussed here a while ago - a worm gear drive
circular saw was recommended. have also looked for similar products locally
but no luck. One of their demo videos shows cutting 1/4" plate with
apparent ease so I would think that 5/16 or 3/8 might be doable.

Laurie Forbes