Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default dimmer switch headscratching

In article ,
Steve P wrote:
I'm trying to replace an old ceiling light fitting with a halogen set up
and want to be able to use a dimmer switch (the transformer is
dimmable). The issue is that there are three light switches controlling
the light, and no-one seems to sell 3-way dimmer switches. So, I was
thinking about putting a dimmer switch on the mains side immediately
before the transformer, efectively in-line with the supply. Can I do
this? All help much appreciated.

You can get dimmers which can be controlled from multiple places, but they
are expensive. But you can simply put it where you say leaving the
existing switches - or get a push on push off type which usually has a two
way switch and replace one of the two way switches with it. Sod's law, of
course, will say it's actually were the intermediate is that will be the
ideal position for it.

--
*The closest I ever got to a 4.0 in school was my blood alcohol content*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.