Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.equipment
Arthur

Default GE GAS STOVE

MoM wrote:
We purchased a gas stove for our new home a year ago
October. We didn't use it till we moved in September. The
store we bought it from was supposed to prepare it propane.
We didn't know it hadn't been done and ended up with an oven
full of soot. I called the store and they sent someone out
to fix the problem. They also replaced a regulator that was
faulty.

It's still filling my oven with soot and staining my outside
with it.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

MoM

The manual bundled with my GE profile oven gives detailed instructions
how to convert (replace) the jets, (as Turtle indicated). The little
jets are included in a little clip underneath the oven. The regulator
needs to be "converted" by removing a nut and changing the position of a
little pin. The air intake shutter needs to be adjusted. The level of
the "simmer" position of the burners needs to be adjusted. Do you think
the kids from the store went thru all these procedures? Can you see that
the oven burner has the proper blue flame with no significant yellow tips?
-=Art=-