Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
David Maynard

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurateas cheap quartz watches?]

Gary H wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

Gary H wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

Well, opinions *are* allowed

Opinions are like rear ends: everybody's got one. But I didn't say
you couldn't have an 'opinion'. I said it was none of your business.

Never said it was my business,

You didn't have to as it's implicit in your 'critique', as if it's any
of your business.

just stated an opinion.

And I just stated it's none of your business.

and no, he got rich because mom and pop made sure things were
fast-tracked

Sure. Go ahead and tell me how "mom and pop" coerced mega-giant IBM
into contracting Microsoft for Basic and DOS.

It's available everywhere. Find it yourself and post if you desire.

You're the one making the claim and the accusation. It's not up to me
to do your supporting research.

and I'm not bitching

It's precisely what you're doing.

Did, didn't, did, didn't. There's a stupid argument that could go on
all day.

It's self evident.

I've got plenty to keep me warm and happy. How about you.

None of your business.

True statement that.

Damn, snotty little soul aren't you?

I find it mildly amusing when those who spit out accusations (thief,
liar, whatever) then accuse perceived 'defenders' of being 'snotty',
or some other pejorative.

I find it mildly amusing when some people hang out in these NGs simply
to show off their vocabularies and to instigate arguments??

Oh boo-hoo. You throw out baseless vindictives and then accuse a factual
response of 'instigating an argument'.

I find that most folks like the BGs of the world, you know, the
Rockefellers and such...
Their money always seems to become more respectable, the older it gets.

Oh yeah, sure. They're 'all the same'. You know, 'them'. 'Their kind'.

class bigot

As for me, just a point of view and that's about as simple as it gets.

Well, it's simple in that it's thoughtless.

If you feel you have to jump to the defense of these poor helpless
folks, then go for it. Shrug.

Utter nonsense. No one claimed BG was 'helpless' and, for all I know, he
might be able to pound you into the sand with one hand, count money on the
other, and befuddle you with an extended vocabulary all at the same time...
but then he's not here so you're safe to ape pound your chest and thump
ground at the illusory beastie.

Defend as much as you wish, go to war for them, bow and pray to them, so
what. It still boils down to opinion and all the arguing in the world
isn't going to change that.

No reason to let facts get in the way of a good solid prejudice, eh?

When it comes to folks like them, you would like to be able to kiss ass,
I'd like to be able to kick ass. See, just a different point of view.
Get over it.

What I 'like' is to treat everyone with the respect they deserve, even
'them', and most people who like to 'kick ass' eventually discover their
boot firmly planted in their own face from the irrational aim and ardent
overswing.

So, further response on this one would seem unnecessary on my part.

Have a good day, maybe Bill will send you a Christmas card. Postage
due. :-)

He'd get the same treatment anyone else who sent me a postage due Christmas
card would.