Posted to uk.d-i-y
david lang

Default Santa is coming!

Andy Hall wrote:
My only reservation is that it is more limited than a biscuit jointer
because the holes need to be in inconspicuous places or suitably
plugged.

Indeed. I have a biscuit jointer, but the pocket hole system would help a
lot. My workshop is very small & clamping up larger items is sometimes
difficult. Pocket screws would avoid any need to clamp and larger stuff
could be assembled a bit at a time.

On the other hand, for certain applications, there may be greater
strength.

Another consideration, and instantly strong (see above).

and the Trend Routasketch

Some ingenuity on surfaces is needed - they need to be smooth.

I was thinking of softwood?

One doesn't
really want to visit A&E at the best of times, but Christmas
afternoons with all the carving knife lacerations would not be joyful.

I have in house support - my daughter is a paramedic with London Ambulance
:-) But I take your point, eyes in one place, fingers in another next to a
sharp thing..............

Yes it was good fun. The jig, I mean.

Hmmmm. Still wondering - thanks for the input.

Dave