Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard Cranium

Default Craftsman Hand Tools

John,

I have to agree with Al on this one. Craftsman hand tools are junk.
I used to think they were good too until I used some Mac and Snap-On
hand tools. Believe me, there IS a difference.

The Craftsman guarantee doesn't help much when you loose an hour to
return and replace the broken tool. $40 lost wages to replace a
$10-$20 tool doesn't make sense.

R.C.

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:08:56 -0700, John DeBoo
wrote:

Then buy the Craftsman line, not the other **** line that you must be
associating with Craftsman. Their hand tools are excellent and a great
value. The replacement policy is great and the selection is too. I
used them as a mechanic for many many years and only replaced 5-6 at the
very most. Still use them and still have them. You sound like one of
the typical tool gatherers who frequent this forum and do nothing but
bitch about Sears products.
John

AL wrote:
The sockets are made by Danaher. I'm not sure about the wrenches. With
that said, I've been very unhappy with both.

"James Stewart" wrote in message

Does anyone know who makes Craftsman hand tools - i.e. wrenches and socket
sets, etc. Do they manufactur them or re-brand another mfg's product. The
packages all say "Made in the USA".