Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Building a Metal Woodburning Fire Place

When living in the coastal redwoods - northern Ca - We had a medium wood stove
in our 2000+ sq ft house - plenty enough.

It was required to be up on a tile deck above the floor and so many inches
in several ways. The wall was a special - blue ? board that was more fire proof.
They use that wall board in Garages to isolate the auto fire from the house. Creating
a fire wall.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"anotherMike" wrote: Not to be negative, but you might discretely inquire
of your insurance agent what effect a self installed, self built(not UL
listed) fireplace might have on your fire policy. (clip)
Right, and not only that! A friend of mine bought a commercially made
conical free-standing metal fireplace--presumably it WAS UL listed. Even
so, he had a hard time complying with building code. Had to have a fairly
large distance from the walls, and ended up placing a layer of fire-brick on
the floor under it.