Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Santa is coming!

david lang wrote:
Hi All

I've obviously been a good boy this year because SWIMBO told me that
Santa has been asking what I would like for Xmas.

I'm torn between the Axminster Deluxe Pocket Hole Jig

http://www.axminster.co.uk/recno/1/p...ocket-Hole-Jig
-35492.htm

and the Trend Routasketch

http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/routasketch/ with the T3 router
http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/focuson/fot3/t3.asp

I can see the former as being more practical, but the latter looks
like more fun - if it works well.............

Anyone have any experience of either?

Dave

Fun? in what way? if your into doodling use a pen and paper.
I've had the misfortune to have a loan of the routasketch with a view to
purchase one and believe me it ain't worth the money, its hard to
manipulate the router around the workpiece whilst keeping an eye on where
the drawing peg might miraculousy want to veer right or left of its own
accord.

If you can do this then you can master the routasketch...
Hold your arms stretched out in front of you and rotate both your hands to
the right simultainously. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite