Posted to alt.home.repair
R. Gregg Reed

Default Blown fuse

"Terry" wrote in
news
OK. We've found the fuse!

Now; why did it blow?

I don't know. The previous owner said it just quit working. No lightning
strikes, no sparks, no smoke, no crackling noises, no nothing.

Expect 5000 more posts in this thread on the subject of whether it is
safe, or not, for a person with, presumably, limited? electronic
skills and test equipment to try and repair a, presumably colour? 27
inch TV which can have very high (read lethal) voltages of many
thousands of volts. Presuming again, it is of the cathode ray tube
type? Which under certain circumstances can emit X.Rays!

I wasn't planning on doing any more than looking for the obvious. I also
made sure it was unplugged before I took the cover off, and I didn't
plug it back in until the cover was back on.

Puzzled the OP didn't ask the original 'fuse' question on an
'Electronics/scientific' repair group!

This group deals with home repair, which I thought was more appropriate
than theoretical electronics. Also, my question wasn't specifically
about repairing electronics. I just wanted some information on fuses.
And this group had ten times the number of posts as the other groups,
and I wanted a quick answer.

Be careful! Hope the OP gets lucky with just replacing the fuse. But
as with anything fuses are there for reasons; which include protection
of human health, safety and property!

I replaced the fuse, and ran it a few hours last night, and about four
hours today. No problems so far.