Posted to alt.home.repair
John

Default Takes a long time to get hot water to 2nd floor

wrote:

"One day I noticed that the washing maschine was using warm water (it's
OK to do
that). I changed it to use cold water. From that day water has come
warmer much
sooner and stays warm longer. I haven't changed anything in the boiler.
I even
changed the washing maschine to use warm water again and sure enough
taps turned
cold as before. "

Are you saying that this is was the cause and fix for taking a long
time for hot water whether or not the washing machine was actually
running? If so, that makes no sense.

The problem went away. I was rather puzzled since the washing machine was not
allways on and taking water. It could be also that the boiler had colder water
and up to that day had not warmed up completely.