Posted to rec.woodworking
Owen Lawrence

Default you've got to see this clock

"Ralph E Lindberg" wrote in message
This past week I was away working with some people on a project, one of
them showed me the info for a personal project he had made. See

http://members.iinet.net.au/~andronis/index.htm

The truly astounding, to me, is that this was his first (and only) wood
working project

On his website he makes the truly disheartening remark that out of 100
people, only a couple of mathematicians appreciate what he has accomplished.

I'm not a mathematician (though I've got a degree in math), but I sure
appreciate the effort involved. And I see there are plenty of others here
that do, too. Hundreds more, if not thousands, I'm willing to bet. When I
was 11, sitting idle after finishing my math exercises quickly, I conceived
of building a wooden clock, and I actually started hacking at it a few years
later. I didn't get very far, but still hope to revive that project
someday. I see the bar has been set pretty high, though.

Please pass along our appreciation, and thanks for showing it to us.

- Owen -