Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
David Maynard

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurateas cheap quartz watches?]

Gary H wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

Gary H wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

snip

BTW, Mr. Gates gives more money to charity each year than most of
you will
earn in a lifetime... I suppose some of you will consider that to
be tax
evasion....

I'm still not sure why my freaking clock runs slow...... lol....

Good day...

He should give a goddam sight more than he does.

None of your business what he gives nor does it matter what you think
he 'should'.

S.O.B. got rich by stealing CP/M and rewriting it slightly and
calling it MS-DOS.

And CPM was 'stolen' from Digital Equipment Corp RT-11 right down to
pip but if you think MS-DOS looks like CPM then you never used CPM.

On the other hand one wonders how he ran the 'stolen' 8 bit 8080 CMP
code on 16 bit processors.

Daddy was a big time lawyer and mommy was a big **** in government
so, true to the American way, Billy got his own way and became very
very rich. If some other poor S.O.B. off the street tried it, they
would probably throw him so deep in the slammer they'd have to pump
sunshine to him.

He got rich because instead of bitching about it he went ahead and did
it.

I guess *you'll* call that *free* enterprise.

Yep.

Well, opinions *are* allowed

Opinions are like rear ends: everybody's got one. But I didn't say you
couldn't have an 'opinion'. I said it was none of your business.

and no, he got rich because mom and pop
made sure things were fast-tracked

Sure. Go ahead and tell me how "mom and pop" coerced mega-giant IBM into
contracting Microsoft for Basic and DOS.

and I'm not bitching

It's precisely what you're doing.

I've got plenty
to keep me warm and happy. How about you.

None of your business.