Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Smith

Default Boiler circuit board question

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Bob Smith
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Bob Smith
writes
What functions of the boiler are on the two circuit boards of my boiler
(Ravenheat RSF82E)? I know one is the control board, and the other is
the
ignition board.

I have had a long term problem with the boiler stopping in it's light up
sequence just before the gas valve comes on, with 2 plumbers unable to
decide which component to replace. The gas comes on with a loud "clunk"
so
I am pretty sure the solenoid is healthy, ie no half hearted / weak
operation.

... ... ...

Anyway, the main question is, do the above sound like there is a problem
with the controller board or the ignition board?

Difficult to say definitely, but it sounds to me more like the sequence
board. It doesn't keep sparking does it ? it could be the HT lead

No, it only sparks after the gas valve goes clunk. Is the sequence board
the ignition board?

Yes (I tend to mix the terms)

It should spark at the same time as the pilot valve opens

You should have a look at your manual, it will show you what is controlled
by which board

Is your ignition pcb a red / black module which fits on the gas valve with
something like S4565TF 2006 written on it ?

It is a green circuit board inside a blue plastic box, with a rubber seal
around the lid. The circuit board has a perpendicular bit on it that fits
over 4 spade connectors on the gas valve.

Bob