Posted to alt.home.repair
R. Gregg Reed

Default Blown fuse

"buffalobill" wrote in
oups.com:

mcm electronics and digikey have great website searches for electronic
parts, and digikey gets technical in their online catalog.
the internet is international and you can click your country link at:
http://www.digikey.com/

They got a bit too technical. They assume I already know what "5MF"
stands for.

or i found that no listing came back let's take another look with a
magnifier and see if maybe the 5 is an S

Magnifying glass wearing reading glasses under a halogen reading lamp.
It definitly says "5MF".

SM means surface mounted fuse.

No, it's in a holder.

F may mean fast blow
5A may mean 5 amp
125V may mean 125 volts.
with it unplugged, can you alligator jumper it out to a fast blowing 5
amp fuse to see if it lights up when you plug it in

I'd rather not. That's why I wanted to know what "5MF" stands for, so
I'll know if it's safe to plug in with a different type of fuse in it.

with the other hand in your pocket?

So the hand isn't grounded. If I'm electrocuted this will insure the
current doesn't go from one hand to the other and through my heart. I'm
not entirely ignorant of electricity.

Thanks for the help.