Posted to rec.woodworking
Buddy Matlosz

Default OT - Richard Pryor - RIP

"LRod" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:40:28 -0500, "Lee Gordon"
wrote:

Died today, age 65.

A sad story. Immensely talented--possibly the funniest comic I ever
heard.

I personally never found Pryor all that funny - seemed like he just cussed
for the sake of cussing.

Followed the too-much-money-too-soon path common to celebrity
and fried his body while trying to fry his brain.

The ultimate irony was survinving that only to fall victim to a slow
acting debilitating disease.

Another candidate for the John Belushi memorial "you could have made
us laugh for years, but, n-o-o-o-o" award.

Now HE was funny. Great physical comedian. He could draw laughs with a joke,
body language, or just a facial expression. The SNL show where he did the
Joe Cocker impersonation side-by-side with Cocker is still one of my
favorites. But to this day, nobody can reduce me to tears like Sam Kinison
when he got on a roll.

B.