Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
David Maynard

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurateas cheap quartz watches?]

Gary H wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

snip

BTW, Mr. Gates gives more money to charity each year than most of
you will
earn in a lifetime... I suppose some of you will consider that to be
tax
evasion....

I'm still not sure why my freaking clock runs slow...... lol....

Good day...

He should give a goddam sight more than he does.

None of your business what he gives nor does it matter what you think he
'should'.

S.O.B. got rich by
stealing CP/M and rewriting it slightly and calling it MS-DOS.

And CPM was 'stolen' from Digital Equipment Corp RT-11 right down to pip
but if you think MS-DOS looks like CPM then you never used CPM.

On the other hand one wonders how he ran the 'stolen' 8 bit 8080 CMP code
on 16 bit processors.

Daddy
was a big time lawyer and mommy was a big **** in government so, true to
the American way, Billy got his own way and became very very rich. If
some other poor S.O.B. off the street tried it, they would probably
throw him so deep in the slammer they'd have to pump sunshine to him.

He got rich because instead of bitching about it he went ahead and did it.

I guess *you'll* call that *free* enterprise.

Yep.