Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

Default OT - Richard Pryor - RIP

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 00:48:27 +0000, LRod wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:40:28 -0500, "Lee Gordon"
wrote:

Died today, age 65.

A sad story. Immensely talented--possibly the funniest comic I ever
heard. Followed the too-much-money-too-soon path common to celebrity
and fried his body while trying to fry his brain.

The ultimate irony was survinving that only to fall victim to a slow
acting debilitating disease.

Another candidate for the John Belushi memorial "you could have made
us laugh for years, but, n-o-o-o-o" award.

Yep, definitely funny. Certainly more funny than some of his successors,
such as Eddie Murphy. Murphy always struck me as this kid, looking at the
audience like he was looking at his parents or other superiors, just trying
to find out how much he could get away with saying. Watching some of his
concerts on HBO and others in the 80's, he would tell a joke, then look at
the audience with that "gee, I wonder if I'll get slapped for this one"
look.