Posted to rec.woodworking
John B

Default you've got to see this clock

CW wrote:
The comment that I have gotten a lot that never fails to amaze me is "you
can't make one of those, you have to buy them". I'm a machinist and tool
maker. My response always is, "you want to bet"?

snip
I've had that very comment many times in relation to furniture and other
things I have made.
Used to get it a lot when I had just finished my apprenticeship,
especially by relatives.When I'd say "Of course I can I'm a
cabinetmaker. Who do you think makes the items in the shops". I'd
receive a stunned sort of silence then you'd see the lights slowly come on.
Sort of milk comes from a bottle, Never thought about a cow.
regards
John