Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

Default you've got to see this clock

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 12:46:53 -0800, Ralph E Lindberg
wrote:

In article . com,
wrote:

Beautiful!

Have you ever seen a one hit wonder that never had anything else to
prove? I'll bet this guy is pretty good at whatever he does.

After working with him on some sonar matters, the answer is YES.

Suspect he's also a really nice, down to earth person as well. Most
folks who are that good, and know they are that good don't have anything to
prove and are typically just good, neat folks to be around. It's those
people who are mediocre and afraid someone will see through their
mediocrity that are usually arrogant pains in the @$$ to have to deal with.

That is just one amazingly well-crafted piece of work. My dad did watch
repair for a number of years. The precision required of *metal* objects in
order for precise timekeeping is extraordinary, when putting a watch
together, if it didn't just fall into place, something was being done
incorrectly -- it is an absolute testament to this gentleman's
craftsmanship that he could build such a precise clock from wood.