Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

Default A/C evaporator location

wrote in message
oups.com...
The alt.hvac snobs wouldn't answer my question, so I'm posting here...

I was going to install my new humidifier this weekend, but I see that
the A/C evaporator is in the way. And I have no room on the return
plenum. I have an upflow system and the evaporator was installed at
the very top of the supply plenum.

snip

Do you still have the receipt for the humidifier?

If you do, take it back and go by a free-standing whole house unit. I don't
mean the ones that hold one gallon that you have to fill daily. Get one of
them suckers that look like a piece of furniture. Then place it somewhere
near the retuen on your duct sytem. You'll be a lot happier with it......