Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default A/C evaporator location

Bubba wrote:

On 10 Dec 2005 12:16:27 -0800, wrote:

Yes, but I have zero room on the return plenum to mount the humidifier;
it is too close to the wall. There is a nice big spot on the supply
plenum, but like I said the A/C evaporator is in the way.

And, yes, I will also be having the A/C replaced this spring.

What I was considering doing was to remove the A/C evaporator (no, I
wasn't going to disconnect it, just pull it out of the plenum) and
install the humidifier. The HVAC tech would have to remove this anyway
to put in a new one. But this assumes that the evaporator can be
installed in the plenum below.

Mike

Keep in mind, junior............when you install a water producing
appliance (IE: humidifier) on the supply plenum it is just amazing how
that water is attracted to that expensive circuit board below in your
furnace like a magnet. That doesnt happen if its on the return plenum.
Bubba

You're just _full_ of baloney, aren't you?!