Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty

Default How to stop an HOA from blowing a quater million bucks

In article , Duane Bozarth says...

Banty wrote:

In article t, Norminn says...

clipped

Lemme guess - rock lawn?

Banty

Outlawed where I live. Florida's only industries, after Diz world, are
growing grass and killing bugs )

OK - so, what, exactly, was the improvement in practice that SQLit proposed to
his HOA board, to save all that landscaping *and* all that water cost, that
caused them to react so horribly?

SQLit?

If I were cynical (who, me? ) I'd assume it was probably the
sweetheart deal w/ the nephew, etc., that wouldn't be renewed that was
the cause of the ruckus, not the solution itself...

Possibly. On the other hand, the Proposal That Saves Big Bucks may be that
whole segments of maintenance be blown off for a few years, at least until some
time after the Proposer sells, that taking place before the effects of the
negligence becomes visible. Seen it.

It cuts both ways.

My mental red flag gets raised when the proposal is 1. Unspecified to us, and 2.
Involves *both* landscaping costs and water costs. Unless someone on the board
has cousins both in the water district and the landscaping business??

So I get this "Paul Harvey" what's the "rest of the story" feeling about it. If
I'm left to fill in the details all by myself, my guess is - the proposal
involved some massive negligence of the grounds.

But he can surely post and clarify...

Banty (me, I'm so cynical, I don't believe either "side" of much of anything!)