Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JR North

Default cutting torch guide with "clockwork" speed control

This unit appears to do only circles of adjustable radius.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Grant Erwin wrote:

I recently read "Shop Savvy" by I think Mountebank, and in it he goes on
about how to do precision cutting with a cutting torch. He describes a
torch guide which holds the torch a constant distance above the
workpiece, which guides its movement in a straight line, and which uses
a "clockwork" to control speed. I posted this recently, inquiring how
this might have worked. Well, anyway one closed on ebay tonight (no I
didn't win the auction). I saved the auction image:
http://www.tinyisland.com/images/tem...kworkGuide.jpg

The auction
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7569088405) text
says the item was made in Sweden.

I'd be real interested to know how this works.

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"