jim rozen

Default Lathe die head Wanted!!

In article ,
says...

If the machine was intended to be a turret lathe, as in my W&S, B&O
and Garvin, there are two turret stations that line up with a hole in
the pivot post, allowing almost any length to be passed through it. I
have one die head limited to a 3/4 inch length, but both of my
geometrics will pass any length. All three of my machines also accept
1" shanks. They may be old, but it's nice when things work.

A turret lathe of that size is outside my experience. As
gunner has correctly pointed out, my DSM-59 was really designed
as a second op machine, but has a bed turret that can be fitted.

To save space the turret is mounted with its axis at an
angle to the vertical, and is basically cone-shaped. So the
tools rotate up as well as around.

I guess on a larger machine, the limiting factor would be
turret stroke length. If it were a true bed turret then
that would be pretty much the working bed length. I still
find it hard to belive that the original poster has such
a turret lathe handy to mount a large capacity die head on.

But hey stranger things do happen. Around here.

Jim

please reply to: