Posted to rec.woodworking
Ralph E Lindberg

Default Grizzly wood lathe vs Jet vs General, etc

In article .com,
wrote:

Any ideas concerning the purchase of a lath for an entry level wood
turner?

The prices for the Grizzly sound "too good to be true"?

Any experienced turners willing to talk?

Thanks,

CW

I wouldn't purchase a Grizzly lathe for one reason. The 1x12TPI
headstock they use. Rather then the more standard 1X8TPI or 1-1/4x8TPI.
This makes face-plates and chucks harder to get

Other then that.... Grizzly is generally worth the price (and I do
own other Grizzly tools)

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv