Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab

Default How'd I do?

John,

If you can believe it, I paid 27,500.00 for a computer and Easy Cam from
Bridgeport in addition to the machine tool.
The computer ran CPM 86 and I don't remember it having a hard drive at all.
Maybe it did.

The price was not all that crazy when you think about the size of the
market. Also, the A/D hardware that would be required was not nearly so
common as it is now. If it helps any, I recall hearing of someone
paying almost that much for amounts to Fred Flintstone's idea of a
calculator; IIRC, that was c 1970.

Back to your computer, it could easily have been floppy only.

Bill