Posted to uk.d-i-y
Set Square

Default ScottishPower gas charges

Jim Gregory wrote:

Oops!
I was so wrong about no price rises! Just heard today from nPower
about their -new- prices for credit customers as from 1 Jan 2006 ...
Elect Standard - over 728 kWh pa - will charge @ 7.85p per kWh unit
(if under, @ 15.18p)
Gas Standard - over 4572 kWh pa - will charge @ 1.80p per kWh unit
(if under, @ 3.45p)
So if you use less energy than index, then it's nearly double the
price. all prices excluding VAT
Annual discount for monthly Direct Debit dual-fuel increased to £60.
How does this compare with next year's Scottish Power ManWeb prices?
Jim

Don't know about the latest prices, but I'm on a Scottish Power tariff which
has frozen prices until the end of 2006. I am paying:
Gas: 1.326p per kWh and a standing charge of 56.34pa
Electricity: 4.82p per kWh and a standing charge of 63.24pa

These prices are *inclusive* of 5% VAT, and subject to a total annual dual
fuel/on-line discount of 10.50pa

The equivalent Npower prices from above (inc of VAT, and calculating
effecting standing charges a
Gas 1.89p + 79.21pa
Electricity: 8.24 + 56.03pa

I know which I'd rather have!