Lennie the Lurker

Default Lathe die head Wanted!!

jim rozen wrote in message ...
In article ,
says...

Not sure why it matters, but it's an acme thread that is larger in
diameter than a standard diameter/pitch and must be in bronze.

Like don asked, how long a piece do you need? Longer
than a few inches and a die head won't do it.

If the machine was intended to be a turret lathe, as in my W&S, B&O
and Garvin, there are two turret stations that line up with a hole in
the pivot post, allowing almost any length to be passed through it. I
have one die head limited to a 3/4 inch length, but both of my
geometrics will pass any length. All three of my machines also accept
1" shanks. They may be old, but it's nice when things work.