Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Default cutting torch guide with "clockwork" speed control

I recently read "Shop Savvy" by I think Mountebank, and in it he goes on about
how to do precision cutting with a cutting torch. He describes a torch guide
which holds the torch a constant distance above the workpiece, which guides its
movement in a straight line, and which uses a "clockwork" to control speed. I
posted this recently, inquiring how this might have worked. Well, anyway one
closed on ebay tonight (no I didn't win the auction). I saved the auction image:
http://www.tinyisland.com/images/tem...kworkGuide.jpg

The auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7569088405) text
says the item was made in Sweden.

I'd be real interested to know how this works.

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington