Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

Default How to stop an HOA from blowing a quater million bucks

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
According to Larry Bud :

What can be done to stop this? I find it ridiculous that even if there
is an underlying problem, the cost to repair the road this year was
$5500. At that rate, we could repair the road for 41 years for the
cost of replacement. This even assumes that the new road wouldn't even
have to have repairs in that time, which is probably impossible.

Before you go ballistic on them, lawsuits etcetera, _ask_ them why
they think they have to do the $225,000 version.

If the base is bad enough, without fixing is, your yearly
repair costs could easily jump substantially each year as
the road gets progressively worse. The breakeven point might
be a _lot_ less than 41 years.

A poor base can get well beyond a mere $5500 worth of pothole
repair per year. Washouts, road collapse, etc.

HOAs/condo boards have to pay dues too. They're not going to
do something like that without a damn good reason - ie: engineers
telling them that the whole road is sinking.

Ya they may pay dues but some just listen to the management companies.

I sat on a board for 6 months. When I came up with away to stop using $10k a
month for water and a way to reduce the landscaping contract from $7500 a
month to $2300 a month. You would have thought that I was raping their 15
year old daughter on TV.
I solved the problem and moved.