Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kerosene Heater and De-humidifer Combo?

On 9 Dec 2005 11:25:15 -0800, "rigger" wrote:

Per Snarl"

Depends on th' amount of fuel burned per hr and th' rate at which your

dehumidifier can collect water. I'd read that a rough guestimate is
that you can get one gallon of water per gallon of fuel burned.

Makes sense. But look at this:

At a site examining living in a sealed environment, they stated the
average person exhales and perspires approx. 4 1/2 gallons of water per
day.

Might want to recheck that number Dennis, that's 576 oz's of fluid
intake per day. Heh, that's 48 (two cases) 12oz curls in 24 hours, or
24 oz's per hour! Must've been for th' collective group?

If you spend long hours in your shop or have others working with
you do you notice an increase in rust???

Depends on how many girls I have in m' tent g. Actually, we do camp
quite a bit, well did anyway, and with my wife n' I there'd always be
some moisture inside. More or less depending on dew point. Never
anything close to a gallon tho.

In the average (if it's not
well sealed, like mine) shop I doubt you can tell the difference in an
extra gallon or two of moisture.

Well, I sure could. After only three hours of that non-vented,
propane heater, my shop was literally dripping wet. No girls inside
either.

Snarl